Tree Roots: The Unknown Plumbing Hazard
Drain clogs can happen for a number of reasons in your Plumbing system. Sometimes the cause is putting inappropriate items down the drain, while other times its mineral build up in the pipes. Either way, these can be easy to spot and repair with the help of a licensed plumber.
However, some clogs are harder to fix than others and can cause more damage, such as tree root clogs. It is not uncommon that tree roots can wreak havoc on your plumbing system. When they do, it can cause costly repair expenses and a big headache.
As a homeowner, what do you do when you face this situation? Luckily, there are some things you can watch for and do to save your home from a catastrophic overflow. There are also services you can hire for drain cleaning in Glendale, AZ.
Sewer Repair And What To Watch For
- Sinkholes- sinkholes can be a sign of tree roots beginning to grow in your pipes. These occur when water leaking from the intruded pipe begins to fill the dirt and grass around it. This will cause a visible sinkhole and soft spots to appear in your yard. When you see this, call a plumber immediately.
- Gurgling Toilets- When tree roots enter your plumbing pipes it will cause the toilets in your home to exhibit a gurgling sound. If you hear this sound, it could be a sign of a tree root entering your pipes.
- Slow Drains- When your system is backed up from a tree root, your drains will also move more slowly. This is how severe these clogs can get.
- Exceeded Tree Growth- Because of the water and minerals that run through your plumbing pipes, if a tree root enters, it will cause the tree itself to grow faster. If you notice a tree is growing faster than expected, you may want to have a plumber check it out.
- Foul Odors- If a tree root is the culprit for a clogged pipe, you may smell some foul odors around your home or in your yard. If you smell something, don’t hesitate to call a plumber.
What To Do Incase of a Drain Clog
- Use Some Salt- If you believe you have a tree root in your plumbing line, dump a half pound of rock salt into your toilet. After you’ve done this, flush as many times as needed to get all the salt down the drain. This tactic should kill the root by drying it out. Doing so should prevent the clog from getting worse.
- Root Killer- Root killer can used to kill roots as well. Different brands have different instructions, so read the directions and use caution.
- Inspection Camera- Professional plumbers usually have a pipe inspection camera that will confirm if there are roots in your pipes.
Call today for Drain Cleaning and Drain Clog removal
When you give Christian Brothers a call, we can set you up with one of licensed plumbing technicians. They can be down there as soon as possible to help investigate any issues and give you peace of mind. You can rely on us for your drain clog problems. Don’t wait for the issue to get worse than it already is! Cal Christian Brothers at (623) 201-5066. We also service other types of drain clogs including Toilet Repair services.